Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda, Chimp Tours in Uganda
Chimpanzee Trekking in Uganda is among the major primate safari tours next to gorilla safaris in the Pearl of Africa. In of East Africa, Uganda is one of the countries with the best chimpanzee trekking spots which are among the top tourist places in the country. Chimp Tracking is part of the most enjoyable top things to do in Uganda for which tourists visit. Chimpanzee tours are usually done in the morning hours and afternoons at various chimps habitats in the country as per the management standards.
Chimpanzee trekking sites in Uganda include Kibale Forest National Park (This has the biggest number of chimpanzees in Uganda), Budongo Forest, Kyambura Gorge, Kalinzu Central Forest Reserve, Ngamba Island and Semuliki Game Reserve among others. Chimpanzee tracking or visitation fees range between USD 50 – 150 depending on the destinations of interest. However the fees may go up basing on the purpose like chimpanzee habituation or filming. Uganda Chimp tracking tours are usually done in 1, 2 or 3 days, all dependent upon the visitors’ available travel time and budget.
When you come to Uganda for safaris and tours, you may request for chimpanzee tracking to be part of the safari menu. You may combine gorilla and chimpanzee trekking adventures or add on for instance wildlife safaris in Murchison Falls, Lake Mburo or Queen Elizabeth National Park. A holiday trip to Uganda is well narrated when game safaris, chimp trekking, boat cruise adventures, mountain climbing are mixed with nature, cultural and community tours. Such safari combination if given many days can make your Ugandan vacation experience delightful and memorable. Book a chimpanzee trekking permit in advance since these park entry cards run out of stock at the Uganda Wildlife Authority reservation office. Especially Kibale chimp trekking permits run out of availability so fast.
Chimpanzee tracking in Uganda is managed by the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA), a government body that runs all the national parks and game reserves in the country. For effective chimp safaris and conservation, the body put some chimpanzee trekking rules and regulations to ensure the safety of the primates and the visitors. These trekking guidelines are aimed at balancing the freedom, health and stability of each part. It is always advised that visitors adhere to these trekking rules so chimps and conserved and protected for the present and future generations.
CHIMPANZEE SAFARI PACKAGES IN UGANDA
Chimps Trekking Activities in Uganda
Chimpanzee tracking is usually a very captivating experience. And you are most of the time permitted to spend an hour with the chimps. In this period, you will notice them jump from a tree to another, feed, play or move hurriedly on the ground in front of you. Nevertheless, since the numbers of chimp permits for each day are limited in number, a visitor is advised to book a permit in advance to avoid disappointments.
Chimpanzee Habituation Experience
Chimpanzee Habituation Experience is where one accompanies researchers on familiarization daily activities to see chimps in the forests. It is aimed at making them get used to people presence without changing their natural traits. During the habituation tour, presume meeting chimps de-nesting (in their night-time shells) in between 05.30 to 06.30 am before they go through the day until they create new nests at around 7:00 pm. The low season for Habituation Experience in Kibale by visitors is during the months of March, April, May plus November.
Chimp Tracking Safari
The most preferred chimps’ walks are usually in the morning and last between 2 to 3 hours. In Uganda, chimpanzees are the most wanted primate species by visitors next to Mountain Gorillas. During chimps tracking especially in Kibale, look keenly for the white and black colobus, the grey cheeked mangabey or the red-tailed monkey. Your tracking guides will show you the different bird types and will also tell you in details the traditional names of the plant species. Booking in advance, the chimp-tracking permits is very crucial especially in high seasons.
Chimpanzee Trekking Rules and Regulations to follow:-
- Keep about 8 meters in between you and the chimpanzees.
- Persons with illnesses like diarrhoea or flue may not be allowed to visit the chimps.
- Shun or avoid eating or drinking near the chimpanzees.
- Children below 12 years of age not allowed into the park.
- A Guide is the only person to help you get right of entry to the forest.
- Chimpanzees want liberty; therefore avoid provoking them once you visit them.
- Taking photos with a Flash on photography is not allowed in the park.
What to Carry while Tracking Chimpanzees – What to Wear for Chimp Trekking
- Put on shoes with good hold, right for hiking wet muddy hills
- Carry a rain gear, since the weather in Uganda at times highly changeable
- Take with you enough sipping water plus a few cocktail snacks to eat
- Bring a pair of binoculars for effective visibility
- Many tourists feel at ease when putting on long-sleeved clothes to protect against piercing thickets as they walk through the green forest
- While shooting photos, keep in mind that camera flashes is strictly not allowed. It is good to fast film or set your camera properly.
Where to find Chimpanzee in Uganda – Chimp Spots in Uganda
- Kibale National Park
- Budongo Forest in Murchison Falls National Park
- Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Kalinzu Central Forest Reserve in Bushenyi
- Ngamba Island in Lake Victoria