What to Carry or Wear for Chimp Trekking?
What to Carry or Wear for Chimp Trekking adventures are the things you should know before leaving a chimpanzee safari in Uganda or Rwanda. For anyone to enjoy the Chimp experience in the jungle, items to come along with including what to wear are very vital for maximum pleasure. The items below are essentially ideal to bring on your next chimpanzee tracking tour in Uganda:-
- Pack strong comfortable climbing shoes are vital to help you to ascend and descend smoothly through the forest trails. Such shoes should have a good grip ideal for hiking steep moist muddy slopes.
- Carry a rain gear, since the weather here is highly unpredictable.
- Carry insect repellents since chimpanzees are wild mammals that dwell in nature forests that also inhabit biting insects which should be prevented by repelling with a spray.
- Bring binoculars to help you achieve great views for a variety of bird species and other distance creatures while tracking chimpanzees.
- Carry camera with enough charged batteries to be able to take photos and videos as many as you can for future memories.
- Pack water-resistant bag for keeping safely all your personnel items such as documents, cameras, phones, watches, packed lunch and mineral water among others.
- Carry with you warm clothes since weather conditions are always unpredictable.
- Move with enough bottled water, snacks and packed food to keep you hydrated and strong since the trekking duration is not known at the beginning. Such items are very necessary during the chimpanzee habituation experience, an exercise that take more hours in the jungle than the usual tracking exercise.
Where to Find and Trek Chimps in Uganda or Rwanda?
Chimpanzees in Uganda are found in the following places where visitors go to trek them or merely see them in confinements:-
- Kibale Forest National Park
- Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Kalinzu Central Forest Reserve
- Toro-Semuliki Wildlife Reserve
- Budongo Forest Reserve in Murchison Falls National Park
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee sanctuary
- Uganda wildlife Education centre